[OS X TeX] Recap: xdvi, pdflatex and dvipdfm problem

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 10:25:52 CET 2007

On 1/3/07, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
> Le 3 janv. 07 à 05:03, Victor Ivrii a écrit :
>
> > Normally TUG releases TeXlive "official" disk Feb 1, and I would
> > suggest to wait with the crucial  reinstallation until MacTeX disk
> > based on this official disk. Definitely pdftex 1.40 is a valuable
> > addition but again the majority of packages have not taken advantage
> > of this yet.
>
> At present the gwTeX version of MacTeX is based on the latest gwTeX
> (31 December 2006), and here's what the Readme says regarding pdfTeX
> and TeXLive:
>
> 2006/12/28:
> • Added missing documentation check to subset build procedure.
> • Includes pdfTeX 3.141592-1.40.0-rc4-2.2 (pdfTeX 1.40)

And on sarovar.org pdfTeX 1.40 is final and with documentation which
was not there when rc4 was released (to my questionGerben explained in
another thead:

GW> I meant documentation for xkeyval etc.
)

Also from CTAN announcements

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Heiko Oberdiek submitted a new version of

  pdftex.def

Location on CTAN: graphics/pdftex/pdftex.def
License: LPPL

Latest changes:

% 2007/01/01 v0.04a (HO)
%  * Support of color stack, introduced in pdfTeX 1.40.0.
%  * Support of transform matrix commands of pdfTeX 1.40.0.
%  * The argument for option `page' can be a register.

(and there is a couple of other his packages are updated)

but other pdf-oriented packages have not been updated so far.