[OS X TeX] Where to put file like "longdiv.tex"?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 16:12:32 CET 2007

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 28.02.2007 um 15:39 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> Any difference between "run[ning] texhash" (I assume from the
>> terminal) and LaTeXing from TeXShop?
>

> Yes: one or two.

Wait a minute! This was not context-free. The context implied that I was
asking about the effect on

    <http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/generic/misc/longdiv.tex>

And the reason I asked is that I have been using longdiv.sty for now at
lest one year and I am pretty certain that I didn't texhash or hash it
in any way as I am not about to tinker with my installation since it
would likely be a terminal tinkering.

Best regards
--schremmer