[OS X TeX] Installing packages not available as iInstaller-Packages

Maik Stührenberg maik.stuehrenberg at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Feb 28 09:17:41 CET 2007

Hello,

thanks a lot to Herbert Schulz, Peter Dyballa and Axel E. Retif. I
generated the .sty files from the .ins files and placed them into
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ -- as Herbert said.
Everything works like a charm but one question is left: do I just have
to copy the newly generated files (normally .sty) or are the .ins, .log
and the README files necessary, too? By now I've unzipped the CTAN Zip
package, did the generation and copied the whole directory content to
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ (and corresponding subdirs).

Again, thanks a lot and kind regards,

Maik Stührenberg