[OS X TeX] Different versions of epstopdf in mactex re rest of the world?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 29 16:35:04 CEST 2007

Am 29.04.2007 um 16:04 schrieb Daniel Becker:

> gcc epstopdf.c -o epstopdf
>
> epstopdf.c can be downloaded from ctan. Is this dangerous?

Not really – except you don't have enough disk space: you also need
the Apple Developer Tools package.

> And which of the following is the file I better backup before doing
> this?
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/epstopdf
> /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/powerpc-darwin/epstopdf

Both of the files are probably identical, only one of them gets used,
depending on the CPU in your mac. Rename the file to <file name>.pl
and remember to invoke it as epstopdf.pl! The binary from C code will
have the name epstopdf.

The third file is an elder 'backup' or relict from some other package
that's obviously not up-to-date. Leave it!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete
               <\