[OS X TeX] Different versions of epstopdf in mactex re rest of the world?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sun Apr 29 16:04:02 CEST 2007

Hallo Peter,

Am 29.04.2007 um 15:59 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> What is going on? I think that I am using this: /usr/local/texlive/
>> 2007/bin/powerpc-darwin/epstopdf Isn't that the one that is
>> described at http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/epstopdf/ ?
>
> Right: they are different. You have the simple version of a Perl
> script.

The author of the c-coded (?) version suggests to translate his
epstopdf to OS X, using

gcc epstopdf.c -o epstopdf

epstopdf.c can be downloaded from ctan. Is this dangerous? And which
of the following is the file I better backup before doing this?

/usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/epstopdf
/usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/powerpc-darwin/epstopdf
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/scripts/tetex/epstopdf.pl

Thanks a lot -

daniel