[OS X TeX] Papers or BibDesk?

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sun Apr 29 00:03:03 CEST 2007

On Apr 28, 2007, at 13:45 , Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2007, at 13:37, Josep M. Font wrote:
>
>> El 28/04/2007, a las 6:16, Adam M. Goldstein escribió:
>>
>>> - Add citations from the library of congress, Amazon, entrez
>>> pubmed, or (almost) any library with Z39.50 access, which can be
>>> searched from directly within BD.
>>>
>>> - Super-convenient means of acquiring citations that can't be
>>> directly imported with "add publications from clipboard" feature.
>>
>> Does it add/import citations from MathSciNet or ZMATH databases ?
>
> BibDesk imports the following text formats:
>
> - BibTeX
> - RIS
> - PubMed/Medline
> - MARC
> - JSTOR
> - Web of Science (ISI)
> - Dublin Core XML
> - Refer
>
> See http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/manual/BibDesk%
> 20Help_16.html#SEC45 for how to add references.  I'm not familiar
> with MathSciNet or ZMATH.

MathSciNet and ZMath (ZentralBlat?) are databases much like PubMed;
they're not 'formats' per se.

Coincidentally, I just added a feature request for access to
those :-}.  It would require dealing with logins and proxies, but it
would be *really* great to have that feature.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Director