[OS X TeX] OT: looking for a public-domain EPS file editor

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Apr 26 16:05:06 CEST 2007

Le 26 avr. 07 à 15:41, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Imake is available once you install the X11 User package from
> Apple. Without this package you won't be able to launch any X
> client (xpdf, gv, xfig, GNU Emacs, ...).

Thanks for the tip. Indeed, the message complaining about imake
disappears when you use:

./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/
library

However, then another message appears "No rule to make target `CPU'".
It seems one needs to create a file config/site.def.<CPU> for the
Mac, the only available such files being:

site.def.ALPHA
site.def.CYGWIN
site.def.DARWIN
site.def.FREEBSD
site.def.HP800
site.def.LINUX
site.def.NETBSD
site.def.SGI
site.def.SUN4

As I said, that's really too much for me. If one is supposed to go to
that level of effort just to install software, then that's simply not
worth it at all! I quit!

> The exact path is: /usr/X11R6/bin/imake. Is your PATH complete in
> PortAuthority?

The above was direct compilation in Terminal, using ./configure and
so forth, not MacPorts. Actually, regarding MacPorts, for
"philosophical" objections I've reported here now and then, I'm not
using PortAuthority and used instead the port command in Terminal.

Bruno

(I won't be looking at email for some time today, I really need to
get going.)