[OS X TeX] New Mac

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 18 22:39:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 17-sep-2006, at 23:49, Rowland McDonnell wrote:

> I can't see any need for a monitor bigger than required to `Display
> either the input text or the output file, but not both at the same
> time'.  What's the need for a huge monitor?  The first place I used
> TeX
> didn't even have a screen previewer available.

I find it practical, especially when working om some complicated (in
a typographical sense) equation, say a multiline one. I noticed that
the compile, notice error, fix error, check result becomes much
shorter when the source and result can be displayed side by side.

Another issue is to have literature on one screen, and the article
you're working on on the other.

On 18-sep-2006, at 14:01, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> If the administration paid fines for spam sent by virus infected
> windows computers, counted time wasted by system administrators to
> deal with windows computers, counted all this antivirus s/w to be
> purchased, all crashed HD to be restored ... and remembered that "We
> are not that rich to buy cheap goodies"

It is perfectly feasible to install Linux on a Dell.

Maarten