[OT] [OS X TeX] New Mac

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Mon Sep 18 14:54:32 CEST 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 07:48, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> However, the fact is that we, at universities or research institutes,
> paid and funded on taxpayers' money, often cannot afford this. It's
> already difficult enough to convince administrations that one needs a
> Mac, when, for one third of the price (certainly an exaggeration, but
> that's what I'm usually answered by administration people), one could
> get a Dell with similar functionality.

Then perhaps it's time to set them right. If one compares prices from
Apple's and Dell's sites then a MacBook Pro is USD1,999, and a
similarly equipped Dell Precision M65 is USD2,117 (USD1742 with
rebate). Of course, depending on what deals your institution made,
there may be deeper educational discounts.

<0x0192>