[OS X TeX] Problem Installing Ibycus4 Fonts

K. Darcy Otto dotto at csusb.edu
Wed Sep 13 02:45:07 CEST 2006

> Am 08.09.2006 um 02:10 schrieb K. Darcy Otto:
>
>> 1. Moved the contents of the Ibycus pacjage (tex, doc and fonts
>> directories) to ~/Library/texmf
>> 2. Updated tex database (sudo texhash ~/Library/texmf)
>
> Why do you do such useless things? Where is the MAP file fragment
> for Ibycus?

I have the following .map files that seem to be related to ibycus:

~/Library/texmf/fonts/source/public/ibycus4/ibycus4.map
~/Library/texmf/tex/generic/ibycus4/ibycus4.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/ibycus4/iby.map

>> At this point, the .tex document (with Greek in it) could be
>> generated by pdfTeX, but no Greek would be rendered.  So, I did
>> the following:
>>
>> 3. Edited /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/updmap.cfg, by
>> adding a line Map iby.map
>
> This is the system's configuration file, but your files are in your
> private TeX tree. And where did you hide iby.map? Can a 'kpsewhich
> iby.map' determine its place? The correct way would be to 'updmap --
> enable Map=iby.map' ...

I think so: 'kpsewhich iby.map' returns: ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/
dvips/ibycus4/iby.map

>> 4. Reread the map files: sudo updmap
>> 5. Updated tex database (sudo texhash ~/Library/texmf)
>
> The last step is useless. texmf.cnf states that the private TeX
> tree is searched.
>
> What is 'grep fibr `kpsewhich pdftex.map`' returning?

The grep returns:

fibo84 IbycusHTG-Regular ".167 SlantFont" <fibr84.pfb
fibr84 IbycusHTG-Regular <fibr84.pfb

Thanks,

Darcy