[OS X TeX] Problem Installing Ibycus4 Fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Sep 8 11:55:47 CEST 2006

Am 08.09.2006 um 02:10 schrieb K. Darcy Otto:

> 1. Moved the contents of the Ibycus pacjage (tex, doc and fonts
> directories) to ~/Library/texmf
> 2. Updated tex database (sudo texhash ~/Library/texmf)

Why do you do such useless things? Where is the MAP file fragment for
Ibycus?

> At this point, the .tex document (with Greek in it) could be
> generated by pdfTeX, but no Greek would be rendered.  So, I did the
> following:
>
> 3. Edited /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/updmap.cfg, by
> adding a line Map iby.map

This is the system's configuration file, but your files are in your
private TeX tree. And where did you hide iby.map? Can a 'kpsewhich
iby.map' determine its place? The correct way would be to 'updmap --
enable Map=iby.map' ...

> 4. Reread the map files: sudo updmap
> 5. Updated tex database (sudo texhash ~/Library/texmf)

The last step is useless. texmf.cnf states that the private TeX tree
is searched.

What is 'grep fibr `kpsewhich pdftex.map`' returning?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
                     -- Bill Watterson, in his comic strip Calvin and
Hobbes