[OS X TeX] XeLaTeX in TeXShop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Sep 7 12:58:01 CEST 2006

Am 07.09.2006 um 12:17 schrieb Michael Kubovy:

> the compilation takes ~10s before anything is displayed on the
> console, and another ~20 s after it says: "Display has been set to
> 0:0".

Please tell us a bit of your engines! And please check your TeXShop
preferences, too!

Usually when TeXShop is installed it provides its own engine scripts
in /Applications/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/TeXShop/Engines. You
can have your own (versions) in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines. Depending
on the TeX source file's header such an engine can be selected
directly, otherwise you have to choose an entry from the rectangular
shaped TeX or LaTeX menu (by default the second one from the left).
The mechanism of selecting directly the right engine from the source
file's contents is implemented in an imperialistic fashion: only the
TeXShop syntax is allowed on these two lines, any more commented or
uncommented text makes it fail for sure ... (either you obey my law
or ... use M$?)

The mentioning of "Display has been set to 0:0" in the console window
seems to imply that you are using some X11 application to display
some output of XeTeX. Why? What is the contents of the engine you used?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either."
         James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959