[OS X TeX] Magnification problem in TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Oct 17 12:05:17 CEST 2006

Something I just noticed in TeXShop 2.10b (Intel Mac, OS X 10.4.8):

When viewing a DVI file contained in a writable directory, and you've
selected "MultiPage" Display Format and "Fit To Window"
magnification, everything is as it should be: the pages of the
document scroll continuously and the magnification is adjusted such
that the document width is the window width.

When viewing a DVI file contained in a read-only directory (say /
Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/pdfpages/pdfpages.dvi):

- The Magnification seems to be "Actual Size", independent from the
setting Preview > After Window Resize in the prefs.

- Go to the menu item Preview > Display Format and select
"MultiPage". Everything shrinks down as though all the pages of the
document were viewed as a single page. Moreover, there seems to be no
going back.

Am I the only one to see that?

I had never noticed this before, but maybe I simply hadn't tried.

Bruno Voisin