LaTeX, MS Word, asking questions, LyX (was Re: [OS X TeX] 1/2" margins)

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 20:39:37 CEST 2006

William Adams wrote:

>On Oct 12, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>(after I'd said)
>

>>>Well, the Lord helps those who help themselves.
>>>

>>True, but if you look at the U.S. society (with an open mind) you
>>will see where that can lead.
>>

>>>Why should people be any different?
>>>

>>Because they are no gods and, as a result, have to help one
>>another. (A bit more about this below.)
>>

>Sorry, that part should've had a bit more editing, and didn't quite
>come out as I'd intended.

I often have the same problem

>Thanks for your thoughtful comments on it though, and my apologies if
>it came off sounding abrupt or selfish or anything.

You did sound just a wee litle bit, how shall I say? remonstrative? But
that certainly is no cause for any kind of apology because: a) Who I am
to complain? (In my other life, I am constantly reminded of my … er …
abrasiveness, this being by far the nicest term.) b) It is certainly not
in my own interest since, if memory serves, you have been among those
who answered some of these trivial/lazy questions of mine. :-)

Best regards
--schremmer