[OS X TeX] pdfsync.sty testers needed

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 03:24:01 CET 2006

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 28 nov. 06 à 00:46, Alain Schremmer a écrit :
>
>> A zillion Return after that many instances of the message
>

> Alain,
>
> In case you don't know this: pressing "s" at the prompt will tell TeX
> to enter scrollmode, i.e. to continue processing your input file as
> if you were pressing Return after each message. TeX will then stop
> processing only when reaching the end of the file, or reaching an
> irrecoverable error.

You guessed right: I didn't know. That will make it a lot easier to test
new pdfsync

> Other possible answers are "x" (abort), "b" (not sure about the
> difference with "s", maybe less error messages), and others I'm
> forgetting. It's all mentioned in the TeXbook, and possibly somewhere
> in "LaTeX: a Document Preparation System" too (I can't tell more,
> having no copy of either at hand for the moment).

In true Mac fashion, I read as few manuals as I can get away with. And
then, as some remarked a while ago, this list tends to turn aduls
normally predisposed to find answers by themselves into babies
pathetically crying for help.

In any case,
Very grateful regarrds
--schremmer