[OS X TeX] Possible conflicts between two TeX installations?

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Sat Nov 25 09:38:57 CET 2006

Hello,

As I wrote before, I have installed Gerben Wierda's TeXLive i-package
on my disk. His old teTeX redistribution is still on it. Now
everything seems to work fine, the TeXLive installation is used by
TeXShop and by the command-lines instructions. However, as I enter
now "echo $PATH$" in the Terminal, it shows me that:

/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/
local/TeXLive/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:~/bin:.:/usr/X11R6/
bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current

So BOTH links to teTeX and TeXLive binaries are present!!

How come? Isn't it "dangerous"? Is there not a risk of "conflicts"
between the two installations with this situation?