[OS X TeX] A recipe for installing TeXLive (TUG)

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Sun Nov 19 15:45:38 CET 2006

Downloaded, just to have a look. It seems indeed fairly
straightforward. I've got a remark, though: in the scripts "symlink-
powerpc.scpt" and "symlink-i386.scpt", the following line appears to
be useless:

set symlinkName1 to "/usr/local/" & "texlivesymlink"

(since it has not been made any use of a "symlinkName1" in the
following lines)

Anyway, if I install some day the original TeXLive (I have installed
already installed Gerben Wierda's TeXLive redistribution, and it
works fine. Thanks to Gerben Wierda, again ;-)), I think I will
create the symlinks directly in the Terminal, I find it easier than
running Applescripts.

Franck Pastor