[OS X TeX] latex2html

Adam Goldstein adam.goldstein at jhu.edu
Sat Nov 4 17:40:35 CET 2006

Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On 11/3/06, Don Stark <stark at ucar.edu> wrote:
>> Unless htlatex uses the same syntax as latex2hmtl, I'd suspect not.
>> I'm using it to format documentation for legacy code and from what I
>> see at http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn3.html I'd have
>> to hack the build scripts. Then again since it looks like there is
>> going to be less support for latex2html, I might just want to take
>> the plunge.
>> --
>
> Well, the beauty of htlatex is that it takes the normal .tex document
> and makes .html + bunch of .png documents on the fly. So basically
> there is no special syntax except the one of latex.
>
> PS The specifics of your particular doccumentclass are taken by
> corresponding .4ht  files. So just try to run "htlatex my.tex" and see
> what happens
I've just installed htlatex  and it works quite well. I've used it many
times before. One thing you have to be aware of is that if you want
references within the document to be produced, you have to have .bib and
other files there already---you have to already have a fully TeX'ed
version of the document available. I installed it just by following
directions in the excellent web documentation at the main home page,
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/.

Cheers and best regards,

-Adam