[OS X TeX] Pen Colors

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Nov 2 18:30:00 CET 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 11:22 AM, Louis S VanSlyck wrote:

>> Try to reproduce your error in 20 lines or less.
>
> Here is the source code: I'm using TexShop on a G4 using OSX
> 10.3.9---attempting to typeset in plain Tex.
>
> \usepackage{color}
> This line is black.
> {\color{red} This line is red}
> This black line is below the red line.
> \bye

This can never work because the \usepackage command is a feature of
latex, not a feature of plain tex.

Is there a good reason that you are using plain tex rather than
latex? Most people would say that plain tex is really only for
experts these days (and your questions indicate that you're not an
expert). Unless you are using plain tex for compatibility reasons
with old code or to collaborate with other people who insist on plain
tex, you should probably switch to latex.

--
Chris Goedde