[OS X TeX] TSKROOT 1061

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Thu Nov 2 14:02:25 CET 2006

On 02.11.2006, at 12.23, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Check with dvitype!

Ah!

> You could try to use dvipdfm and dvipdfmx to create PDF from DVI in
> an alternate way.

Same failure.

> Dvips can spool its output directly into the printer queue.
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How can I do this? I am not so familiar with CLI.

> The next try should be to print [...] on a different printer (other
> manufacturer, other model).

I have no other hardware available.

> If these documents also fail to print correctly there, then it's
> likely that there is some bug in (La)TeX – which can be faulty
> PostScript code to create duplex printing (it's better to switch
> that on or off by hand via a printer utility or via some PS code in
> some file which is printed together with the proper file).

I think that's the cause. The failure never occurs when printing PDF
documents they are not generated from tex files.

Kind regards, Friedrich

--
MacOS X i like a wigwam: No fences, no gates, but an apache inside.