[OS X TeX] Looking texh4t and OpenDocument feedback

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon May 29 22:56:50 CEST 2006

 > > Those binary carry the comment `failed to find kpathsea'.  So, yes, it
 > > is my stupidity ;-)  Hopefully someone  more knowledgeable with
 > > compiling for kpathsea will be able to help up with this issue.
 >
 > Has someone actually got this to work?

The version of tex4ht.c and t4ht.c you had before the update ran under
texhash.  The binaries were not mine.

 > If you're unable to compile
 > this properly, then who is?

On my mac I compile the t*4ht.c files with the command

    gcc -o tex4ht tex4ht.c -DKPATHSEA -DHAVE_DIRENT_H -lkpathsea

The code had no problems connecting with kpathsea until my last
upgrade of the latex compiler on my mac.  Should be a trivial problem
to solve with a little help from people more familiar than us with
kpathsea.

As I mentioned in an earlier email, we have the option to follow a
kpathsea-free route.

 > I just tried to compile it myself with
 > gcc -o t4ht t4ht.c -DENVFILE='"/Users/simi/Library/texmf/texh4ht/base/
 > unix/tex4ht.env"' which should - as I understood it - harcode
 > the .env file.

Yes, it will hardcode the pointer to the environment file.

 > Well, it didn't work. And while pointing to .env file
 > with the -e switch seems to work, the -t switch for the tfm files is
 > ignored.

There are different ways to inform tex4ht where to look for the
environment file.

-eitan