[OS X TeX] Turning eps to pdf problems

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon May 22 00:59:09 CEST 2006

Hi Stephen,

On 22/05/2006, at 8:26 AM, Stephen Moye wrote:

> I have a number of eps graphics (from Sibelius) that I would like
> to use with pdftex and xetex.
> With only one exception, every tool that I have tried (pstopdf,
> convert and epstopdf) converts
> all fonts to bitmaps.

That sounds very strange.
It's not supposed to happen that way.

What fonts are included in the graphics ?
Can you post one of your .eps graphics,
as an example for others to look at and test?

> The only exception is Apple's Preview application which will open the
> eps file and save it out as a pdf with the fonts as outlines. Is
> there a way to get the other
> utilities to do the same thing?

I'd have expected that to be the default, unless there
are some config files on your system that specify otherwise.
This may depend upon the specific fonts that the graphic
provides or requests.

> Thanks for any help on this.

Cheers,

	Ross