[OS X TeX] Griechisch-Fonts mit cbgreek

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun May 21 14:30:08 CEST 2006

For teubner font, which is very nice, you can use
the teubner package by Claudio Beccari:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[greek,english]{babel}
\usepackage{teubner}
\begin{document}
\selectlanguage{greek}
abcdefgh

\end{document}

otherwise you can take a look at oxonia, which
works with the psgreek as well: it is the font
for the OCT texts, quite nice but certainly
different from the "continental tradition" of
Greek typography. Finally, a very nice font for
typsetting Ancient Greek is New Hellenic, offered
by Monotype. It was designed in the 30th of the
20 th century by A. Scholderer and is the
standard font of the De Gruyter publishing house.
The drawback is, it is non-free, so you will have
to purchase it from Monotype (about 100 Euros!).
I think that takes care of all the possible
options. The best free solution in my opinion is
the teubner package by Claudio Beccari as it has
a lot of signs in addition to the Greek alphabet
and looks just great!

Hope it helps,

Sergei Mariev

PS