[OS X TeX] Handling EPS files

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 15 22:09:04 CET 2006

On 15 Mar 2006, at 21:42, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 15.03.2006 um 18:26 schrieb Josep M. Font:
>
>> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/epstopdf:
>> Permission denied.
>
> The reason could be the missing execute permission. What is
> 'epstopdf --version' telling?

Not much I think: if the script isn't executable, calling it to ask
its version won't work, or were you hinting at something else?

Correction on previous mail (always test before claiming): files that
do not have their executable bit set but that are in the path, are
indeed found by the shell hashing mechanism. The permissions for
epstopdf are wrong, either of the required bits is missing (a missing
read bit and/or executable bit lead to the reported error under bash).

Maarten