[OS X TeX] Handling EPS files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 15 21:42:29 CET 2006

Am 15.03.2006 um 18:26 schrieb Josep M. Font:

> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/epstopdf:
> Permission denied.

The reason could be the missing execute permission. What is 'epstopdf
--version' telling?

> 2) A maybe related problem was that I first tried to do this
> conversion "on the fly" by putting \usepackage{epstopdf} in the
> file and then processing it with TeX + dvips + GhostScript: the
> file was typeset, but the PDF files were not produced, and no error
> message appeared.

I think this only can work when you pass '--shell-escape' to pdf(la)
tex, because the epstopdf script is invoked from TeX to convert the
EPS file. And when the script does not execute, it cannot convert and
you do not get a PDF version.

--
Greetings
                                  <]