[OS X TeX] Fonts in the pdf output

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 29 14:13:43 CEST 2006

Am 29.06.2006 um 13:43 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> Does the Personal Script LaTeX command overwrite the original LaTeX
> command ?

Not directly ... There are 'hard' commands (or programmes) installed,
and there are scripts like simpdftex that use a whole bunch of
(external) programmes to accomplish the job. You just tell TeXShop to
either use its right or its left hand, so to speak.

> What happens if the Personal Script window contains two lines ?

There is only room for one 'command' -- one that does the TeX job and
another one that does the LaTeX job.

> I looked with Acrobat. The file knows the fonts used, but it
> contains only a partial set of them.

In that case you can make the simpdftex script to include via the
dvips step the whole font into the PS output, which is then converted
into PDF:

	simpdftex latex --maxpfb --dvipsopts -j0

and for tex accordingly. This will pass to dvips the extra option '-
j0' which turns off the optimal behaviour of partially embedding a
PostScript font (just the glyphs actually used), so they will be
included completely.

OTOH, there are Utopia and Fourier fonts available in Mac formats to
install them in Mac OS. Can it be that Adobe Illustrator expects them
as installed items?

--
Greetings

   Pete