[OS X TeX] Fonts in the pdf output

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Jun 29 13:43:56 CEST 2006

Le 29 juin 06 à 13:21, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 29.06.2006 um 13:04 schrieb André Bellaïche:
>
>> How can one force TeXShop to incorporate all the fonts used in the
>> pdf output ?
>
> No-one can. It's "TeX" that embeds or does not embed the fonts.
> Utopia and Fourier are not members of the small lists of fonts that
> do *not* need 'downloading' or embedding, so they should be there.
> Are TeXShop and for example Adobe Reader showing the PDF file
> correctly?

Yes, of course. And it prints correctly, too.

> Do you have xpdf installed or at least the command line programme
> pdffonts? Adobe Reader could show in its GUI and pdffonts in
> Terminal which fonts are contained in the PDF file.
>
> Which way do you produce the PDF file?

I use the command "pdflatex --shell-escape"
or maybe " simpdftex latex --maxpfb" or " simpdftex latex" Both are
in the small windows Personal Script (Script Personnel en français),
one above the other

Does the Personal Script LaTeX command overwrite the original LaTeX
command ? What happens if the Personal Script window contains two
lines ?

I looked with Acrobat. The file knows the fonts used, but it contains
only a partial set of them.

> I do not use Adobe Illustrator, so I can't recommend any
> preferences settings. If you just need formulas to copy them you
> might try LaTeXiT (http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php).

I'll try. But Textures + Postscript output + Illustrator to mix
formulas and drawings has worked for years...

Thanks

André