[OS X TeX] Bibdesk-renaming pdf

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jun 22 15:54:11 CEST 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 06:29, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> Two questions about bibdesk:
>
> Q1. If I want to rename a pdf file linked to a record, I first
> rename it in the finder and then I re-link it the citation in
> bibdesk. Is there a way to do this without leaving bidesk?

Yes; edit the Local-Url field in BibDesk's editor window.  When you
tab out of that field (commit the edit), it will ask you if you want
to move the file to the new location.

> Q.2 Is it possible to temporarily override the autofile rules?
> Sometimes, my rule produces a name for the pdf file that conflicts
> with an existing file. When that happens, I get a warning  window
> which allows me to override the older file, but does not seem to
> allow me to edit the name of the pdf so that it doesn't conflict
> anymore.

I have mine set to append a unique specifier so this never happens.
I'm not familiar enough with the AutoFile code to answer this for
sure, but from a quick look at the source it appears that your only
options are to name the new file manually or overwrite the older
file.  The answer to Q1 may help here...

Adam