[OS X TeX] Problem with cocoAspell after migrating to Intel Mac -- and solution

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Wed Jun 14 19:15:23 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,

I experienced some problem with CocoAspell after migrating to my
Intel Macbook and thought some people here might find the solution
useful:

I had migrated from an iBook via Apple's migration assistant, so I
had an old PPC version of CocoAspell on the system which did not work
any more.
But it turned out that I was unable to update to the Intel version
using the installer:
The installer updated the English language files, but the GNU Aspell
and the Spelling packages were greyed out.

In the end I was able to solve the problem by removing the receipt
files from the old installers (which had been migrated by the
migration tool as well) -- afterwards the installer worked fine, and
cocoAspell works great again now.

The following files have to be deleted:
/Library/Receipts/aspell.pkg
/Library/Receipts/Spelling.pkg

Anton Leuski has already confirmed the problem.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41