[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.10beta2

Doaitse Swierstra doaitse at cs.uu.nl
Tue Jun 13 12:05:39 CEST 2006

I have  a question that I have asked a long time ago, but at that
time I did not get a reaction, so I try again.

Most of the texts I am producing are both Haskell programs, and are
to be pre-processed by a program called lhs2TeX, which nicely formats
the Haskell code in my texts (thus lhs2TeX normally accepts .lhs
files and produces .tex files). Now it is the case that the Haskell
compilers have knowledge of the extension .lhs (which stands for
Literate Haskell Script) so I should like to give my files that
extension.

Unfortunately TeXshop only knows about a limited set of extensions,
so I am now abusing the .ltx extension with some "personal scripts"
to move and copy files. It would be much nicer however if I were
somehow able to tell TeXShop that .lhs files are to be treated as TeX
sources, and that a specific script should be used for formatting them.

I have been looking to see whether something like this could be done
through the preferences, but unfortunately I could not find a way to
do so.

Any suggestions?

  Doaitse Swierstra