[OS X TeX] squeezing table rows

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Wed Jun 7 14:48:04 CEST 2006

Hi KL,
maybe I haven't fully understood what you need, but I simply use

\renewcommand{\arraystretch}{x}

where x is a factor multiplying the default value 1 of row spacing
(Lamport 2nd ed. p 207). I don't know if this solves your problem.

Best,
Peter

KL Tah wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> I've set the font size at the documentclass options.
> However, I have a hunch that regardless of fontsize, there should be a
> control for the spacing between rows, analogous to \itemskip for lists.
>
> KL
>

> On Jun 4, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Ross Moore wrote:
>
>> Hello KL,
>>
>> On 05/06/2006, at 8:15 AM, KL Tah wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could someone enlighten me as to how to squeeze space between rows
>>> in the table? I need to use a smaller font size but changing the
>>> font size did not seem to scale the spaces in a similar manner,
>>> making the table look less than sastisfactory.
>>
>> How did you select the smaller font ?
>> Just choosing, say  \small  within individual cells ?
>>
>> Or by applying the change to the whole table; e.g.,
>>
>>   {\small
>>    \begin{tabular}{...}
>>    \end{tabular}
>>    }%  end of \small .
>>
>> The effect should be quite different between these two ways,
>> since the \baselineskip amount will differ.
>>

>>> I'm actually using the deluxetable environment from the aastex
>>> macro, so if you have tips specific to this, that would help even more!
>>
>> Sorry, I cannot help with that.
>>
>> Please provide a cut-down example of what you are trying to do.
>> Include the commands to load packages, where relevant.
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> KL
>>>

>> Hope this helps,
>>
>>     Ross Moore

>> Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
>> Mathematics Department                             office: E7A-419
>> Macquarie University                               tel: +61 +2 9850 8955
>> Sydney, Australia  2109                            fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

Professor
Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel: +46-8-162813, fax: +46-8-152226
email: peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se