[OS X TeX] [SOLVED] Trouble installing a new font

delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr
Mon Jun 5 08:27:25 CEST 2006

>After doing that here,  the file etruscan.map is empty.

 Here also. So I was toying with an empty file all the time ...

> Move etruscan.sty, ot1etr.fd and t1etr.fd to /usr/local/teTeX/share/
> texmf.local/tex/latex/etruscan/

  Surprisingly, I had to create the directory $TEXMF/tex/latex ; my
$TEXMF/tex directory just contained the directory ``generic", and at first
I created ``etruscan" inside ``generic". I was wrong ...

>Afterwards the included tryetruscan.tex compiles OK.

   Indeed. At last !

  Thank you Pete for not losing your patience with a teTeX ignoramus like
me. Thank you Bruno for delivering the final blow to the problem ...

                                Greetings,

                                           Ewan