[OS X TeX] Opustex and TexShop on OSX

Teresa Clark twclark21 at mac.com
Tue Jun 6 12:13:07 CEST 2006

On 06/06/2006, at 7:40 PM, Frank STENGEL wrote:

> Le 5 juin 06 à 22:07, Teresa Clark a écrit :
>
>> I'm typesetting gregorian chant and as far as I know, it's the
>> most reliable way to do this.
>> I have compiled the source for opusflex using the OSX gcc
>> compiler. The problem is how to run it all.  My daughter and I now
>> have extensive chant files in this format.
>
> Right. So I can assume you know how to use the command line
> interface. A few questions before I start:

Well, I'm learning and willing to try.

> 1. Which version of opustex are you using?

Opustex 093.

> 2. Are you the only user on your machine to use opustex?

so far. Yes

> 3. Have you alerady installed the opustex files on your system? If
> yes where and how?

I've tried many places..
Usr/Library/texmf/Latex/opustex/*.tex and *.sty
usr/Library/texmf/tex/opustex/*.tex and *.sty
usr/Library/texmf/fonts/source/opustex/*.mf
usr/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/opustex/ *.tfm
usr/Library/TeXShop/localtexmf/tex/opustex/*.tex and *.sty as I first
tried to install all the files here so similarly fonts/source and
fonts/tfm

I also tried to install them in the root Library/texmf.

the binary I have tried in
usr/Library/texmf/Latex/bin/opusflex
MacHd/Applications/opusflex
usr/Library/TeXShop/bin/opusflex
MacHd/Library/texmf/latex/bin/opusflex

I've probably added more bloat than Microsoft.

I used the guide to installing Opustex on an MS system published by V
Brandt. at http://www.hermes.net.au/pvb/opustex.html

>> Does Musictex handle gregorian chant?
>
> Yes, but there seem to be (slight) differences between the two
> systems (they share early history)... The main one being that
> MusiXTeX is designed to de used with LaTeX...

I've installed MusiXTex using i-installer. where can I find
documentation?

Thanks for your help, as I'm a newbie to Tex, coming in at the deep
end, it seems.

Teresa Clark