[OS X TeX] \special{papersize=7in,10in}

stephenmoye at cox.net stephenmoye at cox.net
Thu Jul 20 19:47:09 CEST 2006

---- Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2006, at 7:54 AM, <stephenmoye at cox.net>
> <stephenmoye at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Solved! Thank you for making me look at the log file. "No match for
> > special paper size found..." was indeed suspicious. I found a
> > spurious config.ps file in ~/Library/texmf/dvips folder. Removed
> > the file and now everything is working the way it should.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > SGM
>
> Howdy,
>
> Glad to hear that. I couldn't reproduce the problem here so I had
> nothing to look for. I wonder how the config.ps ended up in you
> personal branch?

Good question. Don't have an answer, off hand, but I'll know to look
there in the future -- live and learn...

> Do you have lots of other stuff there too?

I have any number of style and class files, and I keep them there
largely as a matter of convenience. I did put the Lucida Bright family
there, to my regret -- but that was back when at least some of
the then-current advice was in favor of doing just that. At some
point I will have to correct that, though I have come more and
more to believe "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and the Lucida fonts
are working just fine at the moment.