[OS X TeX] jurabib - large annotation

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Jul 18 15:48:48 CEST 2006

Am 17.07.2006 um 21:23 schrieb Maarten Sneep:

> On 17-jul-2006, at 9:55, Alex Hamann wrote:
>
>> I started to use jurabib and this style supports the annote-field.
>> Suddenly  a file that contains a citation of a bibtex-record with
>> a very large annotation won´t compile. I could not understand from
>> the documentation wether it is possible to switch this support off
>> in jurabib itself. After modifications in BibDesk which I am using
>> (checking "Save Annote
>> and Abstract fields at the end of the items" in BibDesk's Files
>> preference pane [thx to Adam Maxwell for the hint]) I managed to
>> get the file compiled, however, the I get the warning that the
>> record is missing author, title, and other significant information
>> which - needless to say - are actually there. The very long
>> annotation just seems to prevent LaTex/BibTex from reading them
>> correctly.  How do I get the file compiled properly without having
>> ot delete the whole annotation?
>
> Does this help?
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=bibstrtl

Thanks Maarten.

  The linked FAQ-answer suggests to modify the *.bst-file in a
certain way. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I still get:

Database file #1: PreussenMilit.bib
Your field is more than 5000 characters---line 1683 of file
PreussenMilit.bib
: \item{3. Dep: r
:                heinisch-oranische Lande, Salz- und Postwesen}
I'm skipping whatever remains of this entry
(There was 1 error message)

from the console.
I then tried to include an external .tex-file via "\input...",
however, the console told me "file xy not found" even though the file
was in a subfolder of the texmf directory.

Cheers,
Alex