[OS X TeX] TeXShop previews in LANDSCAPE mode

AES siegman at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 14 21:44:50 CEST 2006

	Just for the record:

On Jul 14, 2006, at 12:17 PM, AES wrote and W Adams replied:

>  I'm sorry -- I'm just not grasping how to preview portrait pages
>  (e.g., slides) in TeXShop, in Plain TeX.

I believe you mean landscape.

      Yes, sorry, my error

>  The test input for a prototypical slide is
>
>  \magnification =\magstepN
>  \hsize = 10 truein
>  \vsize = 7 truein

Shouldn't those be ``true in''?

      Yes, probably -- but actually "truein" seems to 'work' --that
      is, do what's intended, and not produce an error -- both in
      TeXShop and in Textures under Classic.

You need to manually specify the physical pdf size, by adding
something like:

\pdfpagewidth=10 true in
\pdfpageheight=7 true in

at the top of your file.

      Good, thanks (and any other pdftex stuff?)

And shouldn't you specify a magstep factor
instead of using ``N'' there?

      Meant to imply that N would be set to appropriate
      (integer) values.  Thought about writing something
      like \magstep<N> or \magstep[N], but decided
      that might be just as confusing.

      --AES