[OS X TeX] paths in input & include

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sun Jan 22 12:35:21 CET 2006

On Jan 15, 2006, at 8:50 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
> TeX allows for the following, at least for \input'ted, and
> \include'd files:
>
> \input "subfile with spaces in its name"
> \input{"subfile with spaces in its name"}
> \include{"subfile with spaces in its name"}

I tried the above and met with partial success:

The following worked:
    \input{"folder1 with space"/"folder2 with space"/"latex file with
space"}

but the following did not:
    \include{"folder1 with space"/"folder2 with space"/"latex file
with space"}

Running with \include warns that "folder1.tex" and "folder1.aux" were
not found and proceeds with typesetting to produce an output with the
string:  folder1 with space"/"folder2 with space"/"file with space",
i.e. it prints everything after the opening quote as a string.
Putting the entire path into a single pair of quotes doesn't work
either. Failing to read the path, \include seems to interpret the
first quote to mean "print what follows as a string".

The question is, can \include handle paths with non-standard characters?

Themis