[OS X TeX] Embedding movies

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Jan 19 11:27:40 CET 2006

On 19.01.2006, at 11:19, Luis Sequeira wrote:

>> On 18 Jan 2006, at 03:30 , Simon Spiegel wrote:
>>
>>> While this gives me the desired result when viewed in Adobe Reader
>>> I get strange things in Preview; it does display the poster image,
>>> but there is a strange yellow border around the image (like a link,
>>> but I haven't defined a link color yellow anywhere) and there is
>>> some text visible in the upper left corner of the image. Something
>>> about "attachment" but it's not well readable since two texts are
>>> on top of each other.
>>>

>> I don't think what you want to do is possible without creating two
>> pdfs.  The embedded video stuff is part of the newer pdf format that,
>> to date, only Adobe Acrobat $LATEST supports.
>>
>> The fact you are getting anything useable at all is a little
>> surprising.  I bet Acrobat 5.0 would choke completely on the file,
>> for example.
>>

> I tested an example on Adobe Reader 6 (although not with an H264
> movie) and it essentially worked, with one caveat:
>
> - only got the movie to show with 'autoplay' option (otherwise got
> a yellow (unfilled) rectangle with the word "screen" and neither
> clicking
>   nor hitting 'P' would make the movie play)
>
> with autoplay, the movie could be played/paused by hitting 'P', as
> the docs said it should, or using the controls.
>

> By the way, I have used embedded movies before (with easymovie.sty)
> in Acrobat Reader 5.
>
> Luis Sequeira

Thanks for your help, but I think I didn't make myself clear. My
problem is not the embedding itself (this does work) or Adobe Reader.
If I use Adobe Reader 7, everything works fine. My problem is Preview
(or PDFKit). An embedded movie gives me strange yellow border around
the poster image in Preview. This seems to be similar with what you
see with Adobe Reade 6, but it's not exactly the same. Preview can't
play the movie, it *does* display the poster image but it also has
the yellow border.

Maybe this is somehow related to a linkcolor defined by hyperref, but
I couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson