[OS X TeX] Automatic Backup in TeXShop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jan 17 23:12:24 CET 2006

Am 16.01.2006 um 10:09 schrieb Bastian Philipps:

> as described in TeXShop's Help there seems to be a hidden pref,
> enabling
> TeXShop so make automatic backups on each LaTeX-Run.
>
> I tried 'defaults write TeXShop SaveBackup YES' and after
> consulting the
> archives 'defaults write TeXShop KeepBackup YES', but somehow none
> works.
>
> Could someone please point me to what I am doing wrong and by the
> way in
> what way those backups are made? Just a copy or even a simple
> versioning
> like text.tex >> text-1.tex >> text-2.tex ...

What I found by experience is that TeXShop creates a file
<name>~.tex, which also works on macro files. In the source I could
not find a statement that would create versioned backup files ...

Could be that the versions come from the fact that every time TeXShop
saves the TeX source the previous version of the source is saved in
the backup file? I'm not sure about this behaviour since I did not
understand completely the C code.

--
Greetings

              ~  O