[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop: ISO Latin 9, German and Japanese Localizations

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 16 21:51:58 CET 2006

Am 16.01.2006 um 20:19 schrieb Bastian Philipps:

> BTW: Does anyone know a nice OS X Tool, which shows me the encoding
> a file is using. Textwrangler does not display it and Smultron
> seems unable to differenciate between latin9 or latin1

There is none -- except:

create two files in each of these two encodings and add as comment
lines these two lines:

	¤ = 244 = 164 = A4 = U+00A4 =    C2 A4 : CURRENCY SIGN	=> ISO Latin-1
	€ = 244 = 164 = A4 = U+20AC = E2 82 AC : EURO SIGN	=> ISO Latin-9

Since the first four columns contain exactly the same codes, you can
judge upon seeing € or ¤ which encoding you're currently in ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

  "A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
  longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to
take away."
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry