[OS X TeX] Rotated pstricks picts

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 16 17:24:40 CET 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 8:10 AM, McGarry Vince wrote:

> Well, it seemed like this was resolved a while back, but has shown
> up again. Using TeX & Ghostscript the following rotates the entire
> page. Restoring the commented out \PSforPDF{} calls and compiling
> with Herb Schulz's engine, ps4pdf, causes a rotation of the figure,
> only. Different figures behave differently and modifying aspects of
> this figure may cause it to not be rotated.
>
> Vince McGarry

Are you saying that the figure IS (incorrectly) rotated when using
the ps4pdf engine? This is what I have in my version of the engine:

#!/bin/sh
basefname=$(basename "$1" .tex)
# process the figures
latex --shell-escape "$1"
dvips -Ppdf -o "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}.dvi"
ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}-
pics.pdf"
pdfcrop "${basefname}-pics.pdf"
/bin/mv "${basefname}-pics-crop.pdf" "${basefname}-pics.pdf"
/bin/rm "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}.dvi"
#process the file
pdflatex --shell-escape "$1"

where the option "-dAutoRotatePages=/None" to ps2pdf13 should keep
the rotation from happening.

I don't think I'm seeing a rotation here.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)