[OS X TeX] LaTeX and iCal?

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 11:29:07 CET 2006

Greetings,

On 2006 Jan 8 , at 17.59, Matthias Damm wrote:

> How can I generate a nice-looking printable birthday list generated
> from the data in Address Book / iCal?

It's not a direct answer, but there exists vcard4j <http://
vcard4j.sourceforge.net/>, which will expose vCards (the standard
underlying Address Book entries) as a DOM, at which point you can
manipulate them as XML, and so spit them out as whatever you like.
That's how I prettyprint Address Book entries for myself:

   vCard --[vcard4j]--> DOM --[XSLT]--> TeX

I half-recall that there was a similar solution for iCal entries (the
underlying standards are very similar), but I didn't have to
investigate that.

All the best,

Norman

----
Norman Gray  /  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  /  University of Leicester, UK