[OS X TeX] Unwanted blank page

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:54:39 CET 2006

Johan Almqvist wrote:

>>>   \include is _only_ meant for  chapters, where you probably  _want_
>>> to start on a new page.
>>

>> But the little bit that I now know about LaTeX says there has to be
>> a way to get a non-standard \include that will not start on a new
>> page but I don't know how to do it. This, though, is precisely what
>> I need here.
>

> \input{file}
>
> -Johan

Well, yes, it works but, as mentioned before, I would also need,
occasionally,

    \renewcommand{\input}[1][]{\url}

and, being that \input{file} is a TeX command and cannot be renewed, I
cannot use it.

On the other hand, someone suggested I redefine \include by just
commenting out \clearpage on the third line (see below) and everything
seems to work: Chapters continue to start on odd pages but included
files start right away. Go figure.

The author of the idea, though, wishes to remain anonymous because
"[s/he is sure that it violates all  sorts of good latex practice and
[s/he] can live without the resulting  grief."

Regards
--Schremmer

\makeatletter
\def\@include#1 {%