[OS X TeX] Font in TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 17:07:31 CET 2006

Le 22 févr. 06 à 15:22, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

>> On 22 Feb 2006, at 4:40 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>
>>     Try putting in your list of packages:
>>
>>    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>>    \usepackage{textcomp}
>>    \usepackage{mathptmx}
>>    \usepackage[scale=.92]{helvet}
>>    \usepackage{courier}
>
>> On 22 Feb 2006, at 2:54 am, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>
>>    This should change the typeface of your TeX-generated text to
>> match
>>    what you're using in your Intaglio graphics.
>
> Not knowing what I am doing, I certainly don't want to do that.

Why? What it will do is:

(1) use Times as the serif (or roman, if your prefer) font in your
text together with matching fonts, based on Times and Symbol with a
tiny bit of Computer Modern, for math formulae;

(2) use Helvetica as the sans serif font;

(3) use Courier as the monospaced (or typewriter, if you prefer) font.

Nothing more.

> Again, I am too ignorant to ask nicely so I will just try changing
> Times New Roman in the Intaglio files to Times and stay with the
> best match of the two.

For most people, the difference between Times and Times New Roman is
negligible (as is the difference between Helvetica and Arial, for
example). Which means that, with the above LaTeX code, you should end
up with your LaTeX text and Intaglio figures using very similar
fonts. Isn't that what you were looking for?

Bruno Voisin