[OS X TeX] /private/var/root/Library/texmf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 13 15:37:26 CET 2006

Am 13.02.2006 um 14:16 schrieb McGarry Vince:

> Actually strange things happen when I execute this command---
> another map for an unusual font (ugarite.map) completely disappears
> from the from the list of enabled maps

Locate the file, put it in the same directory as allrunes.map (given
that you do not have a complicated directory structure where you
separate all the elderly scripts), run 'sudo -H texhash,' and maybe
another 'sudo -H updmap-sys --syncwithtrees' to clean all unavailable
MAP files from updmap's configuration file. Then try to enable it ...

On runes, that do not scale: have you tried Unicode encoded TrueType
fonts, like Cardo, Junicode, LeedsUni, Code2000, Caslon? In XeTeX
they should easily be accessible, for (simple) TeX and LaTeX it would
be necessary to dump the Runic part of the fonts into a PostScript
font each, create an encoding file -- and voilà: luxury!

--
Greetings

   Pete