[OS X TeX] LaTeX (2005/12/01) Release Beta Test

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 8 00:24:58 CET 2006

Le 7 févr. 06 à 23:19, Morten Høgholm a écrit :

> Since there are so many cutting edge kinda people on this list, I
> thought some of you might enjoy playing with the new beta release
> of LaTeX 2005/12/01. Some of the tools packages have had serious
> updates so we would be more than happy to receive comments on them
> (calc, varioref, and xspace in particular).

Installed here and seems to work OK. The install process wasn't
completely trivious, I hope I got it right:

- Download the 4 zip files:

  	latex2e.zip
	tools.zip
	graphics.zip
	cyrillic.zip

to the Desktop and unzip them.

- Move the 3 subdirectories base, doc and unpacked from the latex2e
directory to /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/, then run:

	sudo mktexlsr

- Recreate all the formats:

	sudo -H fmtutil-sys --all

- In the 3 remaining directories tools, graphics and cyrillic, run
LaTeX on the respective .ins files, then move the directories to /
Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/ and run again:

	sudo mktexlsr

I tested that on two recent LaTeX files of mine, one of which uses a
handful of packages:

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{report}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[expert,lucidasmallscale]{lucidabr}
\usepackage[british,francais]{babel}
\usepackage{eurosans}
\usepackage{pifont}
\usepackage{graphicx,color}
\usepackage{ifthen}
\usepackage[colorlinks=true,
             raiselinks=true,
             bookmarks=true,
             bookmarksnumbered=true,
             bookmarksopen=true,
             pdfstartview=FitH]{hyperref}
\usepackage{microtype}

plus 200 or 300 lines of redefinitions of the LaTeX and package
internals (esp. regarding the hyperref package). Both files compiled OK.