[OS X TeX] updated packages

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Feb 6 23:53:47 CET 2006

Le 6 févr. 06 à 22:51, Victor Ivrii a écrit :

>> It's the additional i-Packages (CM-Super, XeTeX, MusixTeX, ConTeXt
>> updater, possibly others) which put stuff inside texmf.local. In this
>> case, there's no problem cos' you're necessarily aware of what you've
>> done.
>
> Not really: if some package i-installer puts staff in my local tree
> it does not
> advise me about this.

 From /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.texmf.gwtex.txt:

3. /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local is the local texmf tree, this is
maintained by the local TeX administrator. It is also the VARTEXMF
tree that
is handled in a special way by texconfig, e.g. formats and changes
are stored
here. A package like CM-Super installs here by default so it will
survive a
reinstall/upgrade of either TeX Programs or TeX Foundation i-packages.

Bruno Voisin