[OS X TeX] epstopdf automatic updates to pdf

David Goldenberg goldenberg at biology.utah.edu
Fri Dec 1 20:14:01 CET 2006

Hi,
    I am currently using TexShop with Gerben Wierda's teTex distribution
on two computers, an ibook and a G5 PowerMac, both running OS X 10.4.
The installation on the ibook does something that I find very
convenient, but I can't figure out how to do it on the other installation.

I regularly use pdfLaTeX and epstopdf. On the ibook, whenever an eps
file is updated (usually by Adobe Illustrator) and the LaTeX file is run
through pdfLaTeX, the pdf file is automatically updated as well.  On the
other installation, however, the old pdf must be manually removed in
order to create a new version.

I suspect that there must an option that needs to be set somewhere or a
file that needs to be updated in order to get the automatic updating to
work.  But, I haven't been able to figure it out.

David Goldenberg
--
Department of Biology
University of Utah