additional texmf tree for all users (was Re: [OS X TeX] Beginner help with TeXshop/MacTex needed)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Aug 28 15:01:27 CEST 2006

Am 28.08.2006 um 14:24 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> What I would suggest (in case that's technically possible) is merge
> texmf.gwtex and texmf.local into one single texmf.gwtex tree,
> containing Gerben's and i-Installer's additions to the teTeX (or,
> soon, teTeX-like subset of TeXLive) tree. That would restore
> texmf.local to its original function: a repository of local
> additions and customizations by the administrator of the Mac on
> which gwTeX is installed.

I would choose a different section: packages that only (100%) install
into the tree, and such that leave "extras" outside, somewhere else.
For example XeTeX and ConTeXt (Updater, beta) with binaries and
formats. The latters should belong into the gwTeX tree. XeTeX-doc
should become member of texmf.local.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Chicago, n.:
         Where the dead still vote ... early and often!