[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1823 - 08/16/06

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Thu Aug 17 07:10:42 CEST 2006

As Michael noted, there is apa.cls, but it needs apacite.bst or
apacitex.bst to produce apa-like references (either can be used
independently of apa.cls, although I recommend the combo: if you use
apa.cls, you do not have to call apacite with \bibliogreaphystyle{},
as it does that for you).  apa.cls produces virtually perfect APA
documents in three modes: `jou': reproduces the journal output in
amazing JEP:X fidelity, `doc' produces your document in a single-
column format more useful for distributing to colleagues and co-
authors for commenting and editing, and `man' format faithfully
(well, better than anything else that I have seen) reproduces every
flipping stupid APA rule you can imagine, and many you probably
didn't even know for journal submission.  apacite sometimes, but
rarely, requires some tweaking to get obscure referencing types to
type-set correctly, but these are all well-documented in the manual.
I have a template for apa.cls that sets out much of the format for
you (read, you probably won't have to read the manual to use it
successfully).  Just drop it in your TeXShop templates folder.  Write
me if you are interested.  I don't let my students use anything else
(and, in the bargain, they don't have to learn APA format: LaTeX
takes care of that for them, as it should).

On 16-Aug-06, at 6:00 PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> You'll be happy to know that there's an excellent apa.cls. See http://
> www.ilsp.gr/homepages/protopapas/apacls.html

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>